Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Three Deep

The LA Improv Fest, of which I wrote earlier, is now in its third day. The first was wonderful since I got to see things I wrote performed, not to mention some other cool stuff that happened. A friend asked me to help out with a performance of his that required a DJ, and then there were my friends who won the first round of a festival contest. The next night- last night- was practically as good. There were more shows involving friends, some of whom won and others of whom lost. It was good fun.

I was pleased not only to see and support friends, but to make new ones. I have an ongoing mission to progress every relationship I have, making people I don't know into people I know, people I know into people who know me, and so forth. This is commonly a difficult thing for me, and I accomplish it only in fits and starts, sometimes making no progress at all. This festival, however, amplifies the effect, and in the past couple days, I have managed more along these lines than is usually the case, so that's good.

There was an unpleasantness. Something very exciting about getting a performer pass is being able to see any show that doesn't sell out for free. That, at least, is what was promised. I was told yesterday, however, that this only applies for shows in the theater's two smaller spaces. This comes after I used my pass to enter a show in the main stage theater on Sunday. I remembered then how they'd modified the parameters of the pass partway through the week last year. I guess this year they just did it sooner.

That's a minor quibble. It would be rather unattractive of me to whine about a thing like that. What they are offering is worth paying for, and while I made some contribution to it all myself, I would not presume to argue that I've done enough to warrant the world on a platter. The shows I've seen and the things I've gotten to do have been very cool so far, and I'm eager for more of the same as the week goes on. I only hope that my strength holds out so that I can handle the good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?