Friday, August 9, 2013

Something Lousy

I feel bad about something from a few days ago. I had a morning audition, and after I woke up it occurred to me that I should print the script for the commercial in question. I never manage to replace the spent ink cartridges in my printer, so that means going elsewhere to print something. I would have gone down to use my friend's printer, as they're usually amenable, but they don't live in my building anymore. That leaves the print shop down the street.

They're nice guys, and I walk past a nearer print shop to reach it because I know the drill at this other one. I put the file to be printed on a flash drive, then I go in and plug it into one of their computers to print it. It's awfully cheap, and it's a system that has worked for me in spite of them almost never being on the way. This time they were, more or less, so I thought things would be fine even though I had only a few minutes.

I went in and started the process. A couple people were conducting their business with the main guy, one of them finishing before I was ready to pay. The other continued to talk to the guy, who turned to me briefly in order to handle my affairs. I had just three pages to pay for, but he gave me four. I identified one as belonging to someone else. It belonged to the woman just ahead of me, I found. I set it aside for her.

By the time I was a fair distance away, I discovered that somehow I still had the page. By now it was too late to turn back and return it to her. I would be late for my audition, which is something I can't risk under any circumstances. I felt badly about that, but as it was lyrics to a Michael Jackson song, maybe it wasn't highly critical. Anyway, chances are excellent that she got another copy printed at no charge. Still, I feel badly. Someone wound up out a few pennies on my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?