Monday, March 14, 2011

For Him

I happened to be glancing at my shampoo bottle while in the shower, trying to find some indication of how often I should be conditioning when I noticed an interesting reference to a 'Little Black Dress'. Having heard this before, I thought of what that meant. I understand that women consider a slinky black dress to be an indispensable element of their wardrobe, as it is so versatile and compatible with other items. I've heard of this, but can't say I would definitely be able to see it at work.

What I started thinking about was whether there was any corresponding article of clothing specifically for me, and if not, whether I might be able to profit by conceiving of one. The immediately obvious stumbling block is that there are few single piece outerwear garments for the man. There's the jumpsuit, and overalls are really stretching it. Pitching either as a mens' little black dress would seem to be a tough sell, in spite of their meeting at least the letter of the concept if not the spirit.

I guess that if there's anything in existence that compares, it would probably be the blazer. A musical piece by Sarah Silverman comes to mind suddenly, and it occurs to me that the blazer mixes about as well with fine slacks as jeans, and imparts on the wearer a modicum of class disproportionate with the expense entailed. Here indeed, if I know anything about fashion, is your little black dress, men. It gives me no pleasure to say so, as I can see no opportunity here for self-enrichment.

Then again, why should I let the lack of a problem stop me from making money off a solution? Thefore, I have begun work in earnest on an entirely new kind of garment for men which is pleasing to the eye, fits in at both the opera and the ballgame, and is a one piece. It shall be priced for easy purchase by the blue collar worker as well as the well-heeled dandy, and we will wonder soon as we did with the internet how we ever got along without it. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?