Tuesday, October 5, 2010

55 Hours Of Living Fully: Part Six

It's day six of my seemingly un-ending account of an eventful few days which took place recently. Where I left off, I had just finished my one man show class. Two of the women in the class and I remained with the teacher later than the rest. The teacher was compelled to linger in order to attend to some work, but we three were all going to the show and decided to have something to eat in advance. I wasn't hungry, having filled up on bread, but always take advantage when opportunities to socialize present themselves. This is doubly true when ladies are in the picture, and that much more true when socializing eases the difficulty of my planned transportation.

Once we finally broke off the pleasant conversation which had begun at the conclusion of class, we started to firm up our immediate plans. At first we planned on a burger place near class, but then settled on finding something else near the theater. This precipitated some difficulties in navigation and parking, but we got it done. We went and parked there, then went on foot to find an eatery. We wound up at a taco place. I got what they called a 'taco burger' It was something like a Mexican Sloppy Joe, or a Sloppy Jose. One of the ladies got a burrito or something. The third disdained all options, and resolved to get something at a cafe right by the theater. In the end, we all seemed to agree that the burger place would have been the best thing. I still felt that trying something new was worth the occasional disappointment.

This whole time, friends were flooding the area before the show. I kept bumping into friends. Most were on foot as well, and a couple were driving. It's an odd sensation to keep hearing my name called out like that. With that going on, we went over to that cafe. Our still-hungry friend set about getting some soup, and we started eating while talking to a couple of the aforementioned bumped-into friends. We ate all our food and talked until a few minutes before the show was scheduled to start, but no sign of our soup-seeking chum except that I caught sight of her on the phone. At long last, we headed to the show, where it was with some wonderment that I saw her clutching the soup. There was at least then one less thing to think about.

The show was fantastic. A minor glitch aside, I managed to handle my recording responsibilities and still enjoy the whole show. I was shoved into corner in the back row with all my equipment, but it was all right. I found myself compelled to talk to one of my friend's friends, making her herself my friend. I like her as well as the others. So, the show passed rapidly, and so began the post-show socializing, which tends to stretch out over even more time than the two hours consumed by the actual performance. First is a lengthy session of chatter which begins while all are seated, then moves to the cramped lobby, finishing a long time later out on the sidewalk around the time all the lights are shut off. As I believe I've noted before, even this is not the end. Tomorrow, I shall tell of what happened to end it for good and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?