Thursday, June 25, 2009

Today's events

Today has been a fairly good day thus far. It began with me getting up at the very reasonable hour of 7am, getting some much-needed groceries, and getting my backpack back from a friend. He had been down in San Diego for the last week, and I was without numerous important items, including my library books: The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter & Reflections In A Golden Eye, both by Carson McCullers.So he came with the backpack, and we talked a while. After that he dropped me off at my Toastmasters meeting.

It was a good meeting, and I had a good time serving as Toastmaster. In that role one organizes the meeting and introduces the speakers. The response to my performance was good, with a lot of people laughing at my jokes. A number of people were kind enough to complement me afterward, and all of that feels very good. I'm very glad I joined- it was one of my better decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?