Friday, February 14, 2014

After Hash

It remains to be seen whether anything will come of the audition I wrote about yesterday. A few days with no word will probably signify that I didn't get anything out of it, but for now anything is possible. I can say how the trouble I went to in advance seemed to do any good. I can say this not because of the outcome yielded (since I probably will never know no matter what happens), but more because of what other people chose to do.

That doesn't really prove anything, but let's roll with it. I bought a long white women's jacket that resembled a lab coat. Does that seem wise in retrospect? I can say that a fair number of the other men auditioning were wearing lab coats. It may have been half and half, so had I not gone to the trouble, I would have felt a little ill at ease, but I probably would not have felt fatally unprepared. Once I got in there and started doing my thing, it wouldn't have been on my mind anymore.

I had some new headshots and resumes printed up, knowing that they really wanted those for this audition. Most of the time, they don't want them. After all, it's all online. Sometimes though, they do want them for some reason. This was one of them, and so I went and did that. I spent some twenty dollars on that, though only a couple dollars of that can really be pinned on this one audition. I'll be using those for a while, as seldom as it is that anyone wants a hard copy.

All in all, my expenditures of time, effort and money as above outlined seem well directed. The jacket, at 5.99, may well have earned its keep already, and certainly will do so with any more use. I could still return it within the next few days, so there's no worry on that score. The other stuff will definitely be useful, and the experience of it all is priceless. If there is anything further to say, it will be incredibly good news, so you will be sure to hear about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?