Monday, October 28, 2013

Maze Pays

The weekend just past was full of activities. I hardly seemed to have a single moment of peace or rest. I'm glad to have social activity to my name, and yet I sort of wish I didn't have to be there for it. In any event, one of the events I was party to was a visit to a pumpkin patch, petting zoo and haunted maze. If I had to say which one of those things was the most worth the money, I would be stumped. It was not a great place.

We actually didn't patronize the petting zoo, as it was enough to see the handful of animals languishing behind the fence without getting in there too. We also didn't buy pumpkins, but we could see them and their prices, and they did not match up. They were rather overpriced in my opinion, although maybe I'm supposed to value them higher on account of their coming from some small-time farming operation. I guess that's worth something.

The haunted maze was not so great either. I paid six dollars for the pleasure of walking through a maze which was almost entirely a single straight line. I observed that to get lost in there you would have to get conked on the head hard enough to provoke a severe concussion. The hauntedness of the maze also was of dubious quality, although I will allow that it could have been slightly more effective if we had gone at night instead of the afternoon.

What was really good about the place (so that you know I'm not just a sour, hateful person) was the artwork decorating the main room of the place. There were all kinds of Halloween-themed paintings (on wood, I think) of various monsters and Hollywood figures. It was a better assemblage of art than I'm seen at plenty of galleries which I visited for the express purpose of seeing art. For that reason, and for the reason that I was able to be with friends, I enjoyed the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?