Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gross & Overly Personal

Not to venture any unprecedented opinions, but it's very unpleasant to throw up. I did so two nights ago after a night of drinking. It caught me a bit by surprise, as I had ceased drinking perhaps a couple hours before I was seized by a fit of terrible nausea as I lay in bed trying to sleep. I first did not want to go to the trouble of trying to ease the feeling, hoping that the feelings would pass. The feelings of nausea did not pass.

My first concession was the readying of a receptacle to throw up in right by the bed in case it became necessary. Admittedly, it was not a very good receptacle. My waste basket was full, and I could not be bothered to empty it. Instead I located a small plastic shopping back which it's highly probable would have failed if put to the test. I probably would have evacuated my stomach onto the carpet, and I would have been ill-equipped (so to speak) to cope with that.

Finally I acceded to the increasingly obvious reality that becoming sick was something that was going to happen, and so I went into the bathroom and leaned over the sink. Out it came, and I thought it was done with. I certainly felt a bit better, so I brushed my teeth, gargled mouthwash and went back to bed. Regrettably, I found after tossing and turning a bit in bed that I was as queasy as before. Back I went into the bathroom.

This time the output was considerably greater in volume. I really did feel worlds better, which is good considering I was now faced with the task of clearing the mess from the sink. This practical problem helped to clear my head a bit, and the general exertion of it all helped tire me into a state where I was really ready for bed. I also was ready to avoid intoxication for a while, passing up a likely drinking scenario the following night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?