Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another Hair Piece

I have mostly got the hang out of caring for my hair these days. Tangles are not a real worry anymore, provided I have the proper conditioner and have worked it into my hair. Frizz remains a periodic problem, and of course there is the matter of clogged drains. It is terribly hard to keep drains clear of the high volume of hairs that I lose on a daily basis. I guess that really becomes more of a plumbing problem than a hair one, and who's so good at plumbing matters?

There is one thing that I occasionally struggle with, and that is when a tendril of hair falls from its ordinarily secure position and comes to rest over my face. This is very annoying, and there's a strong possibility when it happens that I will curse. It's like if your shoelace comes undone, but there is no way of fixing it except for a few seconds. That hair is just bound to come back down again and again, and there is no remedy for the issue.

What you have to do in such matters is accept the problem and live with it. The more you try to fix it, the more undignified you begin to seem. You have to start making as though it's all right that you've got the issue that you have, because it's in one's attitude that most such difficulties have their greatest impact. People will notice either way, but they won't even see it as a problem, let alone a big deal, if you don't seem to have a problem with it.

With those hair tendrils, there is unpleasantness. It obscures my vision when one falls down over my eye, and they are distracting in any case. I try to see myself as one of those grunge types who would deal with it and even make it into some manner of deliberate fashion decision (to such an extent that those guys ever made any true fashion choice), so that I could serenely deal with the matter until some effective, long term solution could be implemented.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

If you find a permanent solution to the escaping curl dilemma, curly tops, world wide, will worship at your feet!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?