Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Two Days To Die For

The past couple of days have really been something. I hope I can duplicate them in perpetuity, and I'm sure that you will easily see why when I describe them in broad strokes. They've been productive days, and while this is partly explained by the fact that I got up at a decent hour in spite of having no early engagements, that can hardly explain it entirely. I suspect that there may be something supernatural at work here, or something religious.

 Yesterday I woke up at a tolerable hour of the morning, although by no means what most people would call an exceptionally early one. Let's just say that it was in the morning, and I think that's enough. The big thing that I managed to achieve was over on the Twitter end, where I got ahead of the day's work for the first time in a while. I was awfully proud of myself for getting to work during the morning and afternoon, when I actually do my best work.

 Late at night is when I am commonly most motivated, but it's the earlier hours when I am comfortable and able to work really well. Today I got up at the same hour, and things were even better. I had a couple days before added a new end table to go by my bed, and stacked it high with all my unread books, of which there are many. I also vacuumed the floor of my present bedroom for the first time, and did my laundry to boot. That, along with the fit of tidying and script-writing I got to made this day better than the last.

I only pray that I can keep it up. Something I believe in firmly is establishing a routine, which then gains momentum at a rapid pace. Each day waking up early and keeping things clean is easier, and each day's writing is easier and better. There just can't be a letup. Easing up will all too easily lead to the entire thing coming apart, and I could hardly bear that. Maintaining things as they have been for the last 48 hours could make me a star inside of a year, and I'd like that.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Awesome! I like how successful you have been!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?