Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Eyes!

I first tried contacts in junior college. At that time, I found them to be unsatisfactory. They had a peculiar effect on my vision of bright lights in the dark, and I couldn't bear it. After college, I tried again, and found this time that they actually were effective enough to be worth putting aside the glasses I had largely worn since the 6th grade (if I recall correctly). Since then, I have stuck with contacts in spite of the troubles which they sometimes present.

Sometimes, the contacts just don't cooperate. I can get superstitious about it, undergoing rituals and abiding by dogmatic self-made rules which I assure myself will prevent discomfort and other problems. This system fails me on occasion, seemingly infallible though it may be. Today was one of those days. Luckily, the bad times happened only at home, but did undermine my viewing of both 'Precious' and 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'. In this allegedly enlightened and modern world, should anyone have to endure that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?