Monday, October 5, 2009

TV Night Y Mas

For quite some time after coming to Los Angeles, I knew few people, and had little social contact even with them (I've alluded to that more than once on this blog). Happily, this has substantially changed upon meeting a whole swarm of friends largely in the last year or so.

During that time I have engaged in no small number of activities and endeavors, and even have drawn people into a few of my own. Never having felt much like the life of a party or the driving force in a group of friends, it has been rather gratifying to have the experience of announcing a social event and having people show up because I asked them to. The main such thing has been my movie night group (to be fair, it has become as much Adam's as mine, and I am glad for this).


Whereas my social calendar was once blank for the most part, I have events and activities blocked in for either the afternoon or evening about every day of the week. The newest addition is what might be called TV Night- a small screen corollary to my own Movie Night. The established lineup seems to be Fox's primetime Sunday Animation Domination block, with Showtime's drama Dexter sandwiched in between.

There are a number of contemporary and historical figures in whom I see some of myself. Facebook friends will immediately call out with Mark Twain, and this is true. Regarding my social calendar and the various meals, snacks and drinks which materialize throughout it, however, I see myself in some small way as writer Henry Miller. Look him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?