Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday

I have not historically been someone who spontaneously gets called up to hang out, but that kind of popularity seems to be developing. After we finished shooting the movie I've been on Monday, I was advised that such a hanging-out session was in the works for the following day, and that I should expect a call. That remained in the back of my head, but come that evening my conscious plans were to watch the opening night of the NBA season. When the chance to go out and do things comes along, however, I know that the healthy thing to do is not to pass them up in favor of privately watching basketball games on tv at home.

Therefore, I went down to Hollywood to meet my friends at their place, where we placed bets on when the last confirmed member of the group would show. I had no confidence in his capacity for promptness, so I went with a later time than anyone, and won with 10:05pm. In fact, he did not turn up until 11:20, and then only at the bar we went to rather than the apartment. It was a good time, although one wonders what sort of Hollywood recreational establishment closes at midnight.

Once we were out there, a couple of the guys and I went to one of their places, where we spent a good while attempting to transfer some pictures of the shoot from a camera to a computer. When that didn't happen, we watched some of 'Sex Pot', which is undoubtedly the worst, most poorly made stoner sex comedy I've ever witnessed. I guess I'm still young enough to enjoy things for being bad.

Last night was Movie Night and bible study. For the former we watched 'JCVD', which we did not have to enjoy ironically. The latter had one of its largest attendances, which made for a unique experience.

Lots going on today, so look for that perhaps tonight or tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?