Monday, July 6, 2009

Tour De France

On Saturday, the first stage of the Tour De France was held- in Monaco. I always hate it when they leave France. Anyway... I never was especially into cycling, even as Lance Armstrong rose to dominate the biggest event in the sport. It's one of those sports that's tough to get into. Plenty of people like to ride, but don't really engage in domestic cycling events, putting cycling in the area of soccer here. It's too bad.

A number of years ago, however, my father developed an interest in cycling- specifically the Tour De France. It's on very early in the morning here, making it ideal for him, as he gets up very early and has time before he leaves for work to watch some of the event live. He'll watch the rest after work when they repeat the coverage. This year, he's in France with my mother. I find it hard to imagine that he won't see some of the running of this year's event in person.

As for me, I've gotten into it to some degree along with my father. I've watched most of the first two stages, and expect to catch much of the rest of the action. It's really an entertaining sport rich with strategy and terminology, not to mention countless picturesque views of France via helicopter. I suggest that you all get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?